If you want a feel-good boost for your body, you can always do the basic “work out more” or “eat healthier” thing, but how many times do we actually carry…
If you want a feel-good boost for your body, you can always do the basic “work out more” or “eat healthier” thing, but how many times do we actually carry through with it? And how long do we actually keep it going when we do? Here are a few lifestyle boosts that are easy to keep up with and will benefit both your body and mood!
- Drink more water. I’ve always heard this and thought “yeah, yeah, yeah, whatever,” but it really pays off and makes your body feel all-around better! Carry around a reusable water bottle with you wherever you go and you won’t even realize how much water you’re drinking throughout the day.
- Make daily to-do lists. Checking off tasks on a to-do list is scientifically proven to boost your mood. It gives you a feeling of accomplishment and success even if it’s completing something super small!
- Stick to a bedtime and wakeup time. Once again, science proves that this will benefit both your mind and body greatly. You’ll feel less tired and more motivated to take on the day!
- Start your day with a cup of coffee and some time with God. I know for me, starting the day out by talking to God refreshes me more than anything (and some caffeine doesn’t hurt either!).
- Don’t use your phone an hour before bed. Your phone screen gives off blue light that actually keeps your brain awake and alert. So when you lay down and play on your phone to “make yourself tired,” it’s actually doing the opposite!
I hope you consider giving these a try! With a little determination, you can make all of these lifestyle boosts an everyday habit!
XO – Chelsea