Relationships are fun. Having someone you can talk to and spend time with is always a great feeling. But, have you ever been in a relationship and felt a little…
Relationships are fun. Having someone you can talk to and spend time with is always a great feeling. But, have you ever been in a relationship and felt a little uneasy about it? Like, you have a nagging feeling in the back of your mind that something is a little off or just isn’t right. Don’t ignore that feeling! It could be a sign that the relationship isn’t meant to be. Here are 5 red flags to look out for while dating.
- They don’t initiate hanging out: One of the worst feelings is when you have to initiate every time you guys hang out. He never asks if you want to do something, you always have to ask. Girls like to be pursued! You having to make every move is a sign that the relationship may be a little one-sided.
- They’re always “too busy” or “too tired”: We make time for the people we care about and want to see, and if they are always making excuses for why they can’t hang out, that’s a red flag!
- They never pay for anything: Splitting the bill at dinner is totally great, but sometimes it also feels great to be treated to dinner! If you are always splitting or even paying for your dates, things need to be re-evaluated.
- They take a day or two to respond to a text: We are all busy, and sometimes it takes me a few hours to respond to text messages, but there is a difference between being too busy to answer and taking forever just because you can. Texting games are no fun! If they can answer the text in a timely manner, they should.
- All they want to DO is text: This reminds me of me and my first “boyfriend.” All he wanted to do was text and never wanted to hang out! If you’re dating a guy and he is all talk (or text, for that matter) and no action, dump him. If he won’t hang out with you in person, just text you, that is more like a virtual boyfriend, and that’s not what you signed up for!
So, if you just started dating a guy, or if you have been dating them for a few months, watch out for these red flag warning signs. If your guy does these things, it might be time to show him to the door!