Growing up a Christian girl, I always heard that women should strive to be “Proverbs 31 women.” What is Proverbs 31? It outlines what a woman of God should strive…
Growing up a Christian girl, I always heard that women should strive to be “Proverbs 31 women.” What is Proverbs 31? It outlines what a woman of God should strive to be. It is a pretty long verse packed with a lot of great advice, and it can be pretty intimidating! I am going to break the verse down to help explain it to both you and myself! We can work on being Proverbs 31 women together.
Proverbs 31:15: She rises also while it is still night and gives food to her household and portions to her maidens.
- What it means to us: Get up early enough to spend time with God. This helps prepare yourself for the day ahead.
Proverbs 31:16: She considers a field and buys it; From her earnings she plants a vineyard.
- What this means to us: Spend your money wisely! Don’t waste it all on clothes and material things. Use it wisely and to further the Kingdom of God.
Proverbs 31:17: She girds herself with strength and makes her arms strong.
- What this means to us: Keep yourself physically strong and healthy, but also spiritually healthy.
Proverbs 31:20: She extends her hand to the poor, and she stretches out her hands to the needy
- What this means to us: Have a servant’s heart and give your time and money to others.
Proverbs 31:25: Strength and dignity are her clothing, and she smiles at the future.
- What this means to us: Have a positive attitude and be optimistic about the future!
Proverbs 31:27: She looks well to the ways of her household, and does not eat the bread of idleness.
- What this means to us: Keep your stuff clean! AKA your room, car etc. Don’t be lazy!
Proverbs 31:26: She opens her mouth in wisdom, and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue.
- What this means to us: Don’t gossip, encourage others with your words!
Proverbs 31:13: She looks for wool and flax and works with her hands in delight.
- What this means to us: Work hard without complaining.
Proverbs 31:22: She makes coverings for herself; her clothing is fine linen and purple.
- What this means to us: Take care of your appearance.
Proverbs 31:30: Charm is deceitful and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the LORD, she shall be praised.
- What this means to us: Live in a way that honors God and take care of your heart and spiritual life!
Being a Proverbs 31 woman is a challenge, but is one I am willing to accept!