Ladies, our time of the month is never fun. It’s annoying, painful, and sometimes we even have to plan things around it! It’s just a part of life that we…
Ladies, our time of the month is never fun. It’s annoying, painful, and sometimes we even have to plan things around it! It’s just a part of life that we have to deal with. That being said, there are certain things we can do to make them a little less awful! Here are 5 hacks that will make you think differently about your period.
- Buy a heating pad. Heating pads work wonders when it comes to cramps. I suggest getting one that doesn’t have a cord so you don’t have to deal with the hassle. Most are microwavable so they’re quick and easy!
- Cut out the caffeine. Caffeine can cause your body to retain more water which will make your bloating worse than it already is.
- Start taking Advil/Ibuprofen two days before your period starts. Your body starts releasing hormones a couple days before your period actually begins. Stay ahead of all of the cramps and pain!
- Exercise, exercise, exercise. When you work out, your body releases hormones called endorphins that make your body feel good. They work on canceling out the bad hormones from your period!
- Go to bed early. Periods often cause fatigue which leads to long, tiresome days. A little extra sleep is never a bad idea!
Let me know what hacks you use for when you’re on your period!
XO – Chelsea