Nail care seems pretty simple: clip them, file them, paint them. It’s as simple as that! But is it actually that easy? I never knew that there were certain do’s…
Nail care seems pretty simple: clip them, file them, paint them. It’s as simple as that! But is it actually that easy? I never knew that there were certain do’s and don’ts that can make your nail care routine 10x better! Here are some tips to follow and things to avoid when taking care of your nails.
- Create your own nail care routine. Having a nail care routine down is important for maintaining your nails’ health. Don’t let them grow weeks on end without trimming them up!
- Moisturize your cuticle area. Your cuticle area can get very dry and sometimes even painful. Moisturize the area so you prevent flaky skin and redness.
- Keep your nail tools clean! Nail tools can get dirty just like any other beauty tool. Make sure you keep them sterilized and free from bacteria!
- Take nail strengthening supplements. There are supplements for almost everything: hair, skin, nails, you name it! Nail strengthening supplements help make your nails thicker and healthier!
- Don’t bite your nails! This one is a given. Biting your nails isn’t only a bad habit, but it weakens and destroys them!
- Don’t soak your nails for too long or use an excess amount of nail polish remover. I know it’s frustrating when you can’t get off that stubborn nail polish that you’ve been scrubbing at for 20 minutes, but using too much nail polish remover will dry out your nails!
- Don’t pull/rip off hangnails. It’s extremely tempting to rip off any annoying hangnails especially when you don’t have any tools to help. But when you can, I highly suggest using nail clippers to remove them instead of constantly picking at it!
I hope these pointers help you take your nail care routine to the next level! 🙂