Do you have trouble falling asleep? Instead of taking sleeping pills that are not good for your health in the long run, why not try a natural solution? If you…
Do you have trouble falling asleep? Instead of taking sleeping pills that are not good for your health in the long run, why not try a natural solution? If you are having trouble falling asleep or staying asleep, I have a better solution. Eat! Try eating any of the following five foods the next time you want to catch some quality ZZZzzz’s.
- Honey: Add some honey to warm herbal tea and sip on it a few hours before you plan on hopping in bed. The little bit of glucose found in honey lowers levels or orexin, which is a neurotransmitter that raises your level of alertness.
- Whole grains: If you are feeling awake at bedtime, grab some whole grain toast. Whole grains encourage the production of insulin, which helps get a natural sedative to your brain.
- Bananas: Instead of a sleeping pill, grab a banana instead. These yummy yellow fruits are high in potassium, which is essential to having a deep night’s sleep. Bananas also contain tryptophan and magnesium, which makes them nature’s perfect sedative.
- Nuts: Grab a handful of nuts before bed to help boost serotonin levels in your brain, and to also give your body a healthy dose of magnesium and tryptophan .
- Oats: Melatonin, which is a hormone that helps controls your body’s sleep and wake cycle, is found naturally in oats. Have a small bowl of oatmeal before bed if you need help snoozing.
Eating my way to sleep sounds like a good plan to me. 🙂