It is hard to live in the times that we do, where the news is always reporting critical stories and everything seems to be going down the drain, and not…
It is hard to live in the times that we do, where the news is always reporting critical stories and everything seems to be going down the drain, and not worry about the state of our country. I try not to get too wrapped up in it, but sometimes it can be overwhelming and discouraging to listen to what is happening in our cities and our country at large. If you are concerned about the beautiful country that we live in, pray for God’s Kingdom to come and His will be done. Here are a few verses to pray that will help you lift our nation up.
- Pray for God to heal our country and forgive the sins of our nation.
- 2 Chronicles 7:14 – “If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.”
- Pray for the government’s leaders and for Godly leaders to step up.
- 1 Timothy 2:1-4 – “I urge, then, first, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people—for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth.” Pray for our leaders to know and serve the Lord. Pray that God would give them the wisdom and godly council they need in order to stand boldly and courageously in the face of opposition.
- Pray for the lost to be saved and the Gospel to be shared.
- 2 Thessalonians 3:1 – “As for other matters, brothers and sisters, pray for us that the message of the Lord may spread rapidly and be honored, just as it was with you.” God wants us to be on fire for Him. Pray for Christians everywhere to seek Jesus with all their hearts and get back on track with His plan for them. Also, pray that others would come to know the Savior through the example set by their peers.
- Pray for unity in the country.
- 1 Corinthians 1:10- “I appeal to you, brothers and sisters, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another in what you say and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly united in mind and thought.”
Your prayers make a difference. God loves when we talk to Him and share our hearts with Him. Join me in lifting our nation up in prayer so that we can be a prosperous, peaceful country. We are it’s future leaders, after all.