I have been hearing the phrase “clean eating” a lot lately. What exactly IS clean eating? I always knew it had to do with eating healthy and weight loss, but…
I have been hearing the phrase “clean eating” a lot lately. What exactly IS clean eating? I always knew it had to do with eating healthy and weight loss, but I never really knew exactly what it entailed. Clean eating is simple. It is the concept of eating healthy, whole, unprocessed foods. Here is a little more info on what clean eating is. Who knows, maybe you will want to try it out for yourself!
- Choose foods that are unrefined: This means that you eat more whole grains like quinoa and beans as well. Clean sugars are sugars like honey, agave, and maple syrup.
- Be aware of salt, sugar, and fat: When you cut out processed foods, it makes it a lot easier to do this! These are responsible for a lot of the extra calories we take in every day. Clean foods are naturally low in those three things.
- Don’t drink your calories: High calorie drinks like flavored coffee and soft drinks add an extra four to five hundred calories a day. Yikes! Choose water or green tea instead.
- Include carbs, fat, and protein in every meal: We usually get enough carbs and fat in our diet, but a lot of times we lack protein. Protein is important when you are trying to build muscle and can also keep you fuller longer.
- Minimize processed food: Try and focus on eating natural foods, not foods that are out of a box or can.
I am trying my best to eat clean, and if you want to live a healthy lifestyle, then you will too!