Quiet time: a peaceful time to spend with God and meditate on His Word. Have you ever set aside a half hour or so to spend solely with God? I…
Quiet time: a peaceful time to spend with God and meditate on His Word. Have you ever set aside a half hour or so to spend solely with God? I understand that you may be busy or simply don’t feel motivated to get up and do it, and that’s okay! There are different ways to get you excited, stay encouraged and motivated, and find joy in quiet times!
- Make sure you have all you need before you sit down to do a quiet time! Be sure to have a Bible, journal, pen, and devotional or lesson to walk through.
- Set aside a specific time each day to devote solely to your quiet time. I usually try to get in at least 30 minutes, but you can start small with 10 or 15, or even 5 minutes before you head to school or work!
- Find a spot to do your quiet time. If you like the outdoors, find a place outside such as under your favorite tree or by a lake! You can even try out places like Starbucks or other coffee shops that have a relaxing atmosphere.
- Pick a certain devotional. This allows you to have a specific game plan when you sit down. Print out questions from online that go with specific verses or even get a guided devotional app on your phone!
- Find an accountability partner. If your friend is wanting to start doing quiet times, keep each other accountable. Text each other at the end of the day to make sure you both did one for the day!
I encourage you to try and set aside time once a day or even once a week. You’ll notice a huge difference in your life and yourself!