It is April, so you know what that means…it’s time to choose a prom dress!!! It can be a huge task because there are so many options to choose from….
It is April, so you know what that means…it’s time to choose a prom dress!!! It can be a huge task because there are so many options to choose from. Long or short? Sequins or no? Patterned or plain? Chiffon or satin? And what shape do you want your dress to be? Have no fear, Chelsea is here to give you tips on what prom dress fits your body type best to help you narrow down your choices and ensure that you feel like a princess on prom night.
- Petite: For my ladies under 5 foot 3 inches tall, floor length gowns and full skirts may overpower your shape! Showing a little bit of leg with a shorter dress or wearing an a-line gown can go a long way in flattering your figure. Opt for a fitted dress with a v-neckline, or pleated skirts that will elongate your frame. Also, delicate, feminine dresses and heels are a good compliment to your body!
- Pear: Pear shaped figures are when your hips are wider than your chest and your waist is well defined. For my pear-shaped ladies, your waist is your best asset, so work it girl! The goal is to add volume to your upper body and accentuate your small waist, taking attention away from your hips. A dress with a fitted open neck or strapless top and a A-line or full skirt is a good option!
- Hourglass: This is my curvy girls! Work it! Your bust and hips are even with each other and your upper body is balanced with the length of your legs. Your best dress will accentuate your well-defined waist, so a natural waistline, form fitted top, v-neck, open neck, accentuated waist, and wrap dresses will enhance your figure!
- Slender: For my slender ladies, the key is to accentuate your long and lean figure with a fitted gown. You can also draw attention to your shape with an empire waist, a belt, an a-symmetric neckline, or a dress with a slit!
- Apple: The apple figure is when you are wider around the middle, and have slim legs and a shorter waist. A dress with an empire waist or sequined/jeweled top draws the eye upward towards your face, and if you love your legs, show those puppies off!
I hope you find the dress of your dreams!