Whether it is your first or fourth time going to the prom, you most likely have questions about how the night and the events leading up to it should go…
Whether it is your first or fourth time going to the prom, you most likely have questions about how the night and the events leading up to it should go down. In order to ease your troubled minds, I have come up with a list of frequently asked questions about prom and have answered them according to my findings on the subject!
- Once I am asked to prom, how long can I wait to let them know if it is a “yes” or “no”?
- Ideally, you should let them know asap. If you aren’t sure of your answer right when they ask you, tell them, in the nicest way possible, that you will let them know soon.
- Does he pay for dinner? Do I? Do we split it?
- If you are dating, he should pay. If you are going as friends, you should split it. If you are anything in between, assume you are splitting the check unless he offers to pay.
- Is renting a limo necessary? Who pays, if so?
- Definitely not necessary! Driving to prom with your date can be a fun time for you two to get to know each other! If you DO end up renting a limo, it is usually with a group of friends, and you all pitch in.
- How do you know if/what kind of boutonniere to buy your date?
- Ask him what color suit is, and ask him if he even wants one! It is totally okay for him not to want to wear one.
- Should I meet his parents, and should he meet mine?
- I say yes, but it is whatever you feel comfortable with! Your parents may feel more comfortable sending you off to the dance if they have been introduced to who you are going with, and vice versa.
- What if the night isn’t going well?
- If your date is a dud, if he is treating you badly, or if you are just having a bad time, try and hang with your friends. To avoid having to dance with your date if the night isn’t going well, grab your bff and dance with her or just go to the bathroom. Worse comes to worse, have your mom come get you.
- Can I dance with other people at the prom?
- Up to you! If you are actually in a relationship with your date, you will need to clear it with him, but if you aren’t dating your date, I say yes! Slow dances are usually reserved for your date, but if a guy friend asks you to come dance the electric slide with him, I think that is totally cool! Of course, check with your date first.
- Will my date expect me to kiss him at the end of the night?
- You kiss who you want to and when you want to, you don’t kiss because you feel you HAVE to! He shouldn’t expect anything. You choose who you kiss and when you kiss them! If you don’t feel like it is appropriate, then don’t! Simple as that.
I hope these helped answer any of your prom questions! If you have more, comment below!