Do you ever feel like you spend all your time investing in others and forget to take care of yourself? Investing in yourself is so important. Just like investing money…
Do you ever feel like you spend all your time investing in others and forget to take care of yourself? Investing in yourself is so important. Just like investing money in a savings account makes it grow, investing time and energy into yourself helps you grow. Here are a few ways to invest in yourself in your twenties, because it’s never too early to start!
- Wake up early and start your day on a productive note.
- Listen to podcasts. Never stop learning.
- Read books. Even if they are just for fun.
- Run, bike, swim, walk, do yoga, anything that gets your body moving and your mind stimulated!
- Find a mentor, someone in your field of study or even just a friend with more life experience under their belt. Having someone in your corner who has “been there” and “done that” is so beneficial.
- Journal every day, whether it be Bible journaling or journaling your thoughts.
- Eat clean and eat healthy. Make it a habit early in life!
- Surround yourself with things that make life more beautiful.
- Call the people you love and catch up with them. Learn from them!
- Don’t make excuses.
- Resist comparing yourself to others and celebrate your uniqueness.
- Practice self-love and compassion.
- Don’t forget to enjoy life and have fun.
- Set boundaries for yourself and keep them.
- Become the boss of your money, and make a budget, because that is investing in your future.
- Give yourself a break. It’s okay to watch an hour of Netflix every once in a while! Resist burnout!
- This goes with the last one, and it is knowing and respecting your own limits.
- Learn something new, like another language.
- Experiment with fashion and style, and find out what works for you.
- Learn how to fear less. Fear holds us back from our potential.
How will you invest in yourself today?