Are you in need of a quick cool down snack? Then try this super fast sorbet in a bag! The serving is just the right size for the Insider in…
Are you in need of a quick cool down snack? Then try this super fast sorbet in a bag! The serving is just the right size for the Insider in need of a quick sweet treat!
- One gallon size Ziploc® brand Freezer Bag
- One pint size Ziploc® brand Freezer Bag
- 6 tablespoons rock salt
- One tray of ice cubes
- One half cup juice
- Optional: cream, sugar
- First, make the ice bag. To do this, empty a full try of ice cubes into a 1 gallon Ziploc bag.
- Second, make the juice bag. Pour half a cup of fruit juice into a 1 pint Ziploc freezer bag. To make the sorbet creamier, add one cup of cream and a tablespoon of sugar here. Squeeze all the air out of the bag and check that you securely seal the bag, and place it into the large bag of ice.
- Next, wrap the bag in a towel and shake it for five minutes. Remove the bag that once held the fruit juice, and check out your fresh bag of sorbet. Wipe the ice, salt and water off the outside of the sorbet bag so it doesn’t get in the sorbet. Scoop your sweet treat into a bowl and enjoy!
I am so excited to make my own personal sorbet. Are you?
Photo via andchristina.com