In times of transition and change, you can be sure that stress will show its ugly head. With it being back to school season, lots of changes are probably happening…
In times of transition and change, you can be sure that stress will show its ugly head. With it being back to school season, lots of changes are probably happening in your world. You may be moving away, changing schools, changing majors, changing roomates, changing jobs, or small changes may be adding up to one big ball of stress. When I feel like my world has gotten chaotic, I turn to the Bible to help me deal with it. Here are a few of my favorite stress-releiving scriptures.
- James 1:2-4 – Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
- John 14:27 – Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
- Romans 16:20 – The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet. The grace of our Lord Jesus be with you.
- Colossians 3:15 – Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.
- Isaiah 40:31 – But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
- Proverbs 12:25: Anxiety weighs down the heart, but a kind word cheers it up.
- Psalm 23:4: Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
- Romans 8:28: And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
- Psalm 94:19: When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy.
- 1 Corinthians 3:11 For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ.
- Luke 21:19: Stand firm, and you will win life.
- Psalm 118:5-6 When hard pressed, I cried to the Lord; He brought me into a spacious place. The Lord is with me; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?
Hopefully these scriptures breathe relief, confidence, strength, and hopefulness into your heart as much as they do mine!