We live in a world where we have a lot of expectations on our shoulders at a young age. We need to go to school from early in the morning…
We live in a world where we have a lot of expectations on our shoulders at a young age. We need to go to school from early in the morning to the afternoon, make sure we are getting enough exercise, maintain our social life, get good grades, AND get AT LEAST 8 hours of sleep every night. It can be overwhelming, and it will only get done if we stay on task and have great time management. Here are some tips on how to be more productive with the time you are given!
- Make routines: I have a set time during the day when I film my videos and edit them, I have time when I work out, and then I have my time for homework. I stick to my daily routine because it ensures that I get everything done that I HAVE to get done on a daily basis!
- Get up earlier: I know, this was literally painful just to read it, but seriously, do it. As long as you are able to get enough sleep, getting up earlier makes your day that much longer! The mornings are quieter and there are less distractions so you will get more done. I like to workout in the mornings sometimes or read my Bible.
- To-do lists…Make ‘em!: I would be lost without my list. My to-do list tells me all of the things I need to do that day and makes sure I don’t forget to do any of them. Plus, crossing things off the list gives me a huge sense of accomplishment!
- Your phone…Turn that thing off!: I cannot get anything done if my phone is anywhere near my workspace. I get texts, twitter notifications, email alerts, all kinds of things drawing my attention away from the task at hand! Also, if you know you need to get something done, tell yourself you will not get on social media for, lets say, an hour. That way you are not tempted to pick up your phone and check it every five seconds! Your Twitter followers will live without you for an hour, I promise. J
- Learn to say “no”: If your friends ask you to go get Froyo with them and you know you have a huge test the next day and you need to study, (or in my case you have a YouTube video you need to finish editing), then learn to say no to them! They will understand because they have been in that situation, too.
I hope these tips help you to be the most productive Insider on the block!