Ladies, have you ever heard people say that losing weight is hard, but keeping it off is half the battle? It is so true. Losing weight takes work, and once…
Ladies, have you ever heard people say that losing weight is hard, but keeping it off is half the battle? It is so true. Losing weight takes work, and once you’ve got those pounds off you feel amazing! But, life happens, you get busy (and maybe lazy) and the weight starts creeping back. This is especially true when the cold weather comes and all we want to do is be cozy in our jammies on the couch. Here are 5 tips on how to maintain a healthy weight.
- Even a few minutes of exercise makes all the difference: Even if you can only get 15 minutes of exercise in, it is better than nothing. I get it, life is busy! But if I can squeeze in a few minutes of exercise, like jumping jacks and sit-ups while I watch TV, I am still getting my heart rate up and my body moving.
- Follow through: If you plan to work out, actually do it! You will feel accomplished and proud of yourself.
- Mix things up: I can get stuck in the same exercise routine, and I find myself dreading working out because it is boring. To prevent this, mix up your exercise tactics! Do yoga one day, run the next, and maybe try some Zumba! Keeps things interesting.
- Think positive: When you think about working out, or about skipping a workout, focus on how great you will feel afterwards. You know that great tired feeling you get in your muscles and the endorphin high you feel? Focus on that. It will motivate you to get your booty to the gym or out on the trail!
- Work out, even when you’re sore: That doesn’t mean go out and run ten miles. It means take a nice walk or do some yoga to work the lactic acid out of your muscles and stretch you out. It will help your muscles recover!
Maintaining your ideal weight isn’t a walk in the park, and it takes work, but you can totally do it, and you will feel so good about yourself!