How often do you step back and give yourself some “me” time? Don’t get me wrong, I love being with my friends and fam, but sometimes it feels good to…
How often do you step back and give yourself some “me” time? Don’t get me wrong, I love being with my friends and fam, but sometimes it feels good to be independent and spend some time with numero uno. Time alone is a great way to reconnect with yourself, de-stress, and feel refreshed. Here are 5 fun things you can do on your own to treat yo self!
- Take yourself on a date: Is there a restaurant where you live that you have always wanted to go to eat but have never gotten the chance? Take yourself! Treat yourself to a nice meal, take as long as you want, order whatever you want, you don’t have anyone to worry about or impress! Bring a good book and enjoy yourself.
- Take a loooong bath: Grab a good book, light a few candles, grab some bubble bath and a bath bomb, and hop in the tub. Take the longest bath you want and enjoy uninterrupted bliss.
- Lose yourself in a bookstore: There are so many cute bookstores out there, small ones with lots of personality or big ones with lots of choices! Get lost in the shelves and find a book that you love.
- Have a spa day: Go get a massage, or save some cash and do an at-home spa day. Grab a face mask and hair mask from Walmart and pamper yourself DIY style.
- Complete projects you’ve put off: Speaking of DIY, finish those projects you’ve been putting off so that you don’t have to worry about them anymore. Whether it is finishing homework, updating your resume, finishing a DIY craft, whatever it may be, finish it! You will feel accomplished and productive, plus you reap the benefits of the finished project!
Treat yo-self to some “me” time every once in a while. It is good for the soul!