As most of you know, I will be heading off to college in California the fall. I am so so excited, but also a little nervous. I want to be prepared for college as much as I can be, and I want to make the transition as easy as possible. That is why it is never too early to start the planning process. One of the biggest things for me is knowing what to get for my dorm room and for classes. I want to be ready for anything! Here are the top 20 items on my college shopping list.
- Cute bedding: there is nothing like a cute comforter to brighten up a dorm room!
- Comfy sleeping pillow
- A nice towel set: this needs to include a bath towel, hand towel, and wash cloths!
- Shower shoes: like flip flops. These are VITAL.
- All bathroom essentials: like mouthwash, toothpaste, floss, face cleanser and makeup wipes, hair straightener, curling iron, etc.
- Bath robe: for walking to/from the shower, or just for lounging in your dorm room
- Mirror: A floor-length mirror that you can prop up against the wall is a good idea, or one that hangs over the door
- Laundry bin
- Mini fan: for those days when your dorm room is downright stuffy
- Scarf hanger, regular hangers, shoe organizer, jewelry organizer, all closet organization
- Cute lamp for your desk
- Pain meds like Tylenol and Ibuprofen
- Cough medicine, allergy medicine
- First aid kit
- Planner: I love my planner and live by it. In college it is especially important to have a daily planner to keep up with school assignments and social events!
- Binders, notebooks, paper, folders for class
- Power strip or extension cord: for all of those electronics you and your roomie will be sharing!
- Alarm clock: unless you use your phone as your alarm, of course
- Stain remover, lint roller, germ X, anything you think your mom would have handy!
Now this isn’t a comprehensive list by any means. Just a little something to get your brain thinking about what you will be needing here in a few short months if you are like me and going off to college.