Have you ever been on a date with your boyfriend or husband and realized that you can’t think of anything to talk about with them? It’s not that you are uninterested in them, it is just that you think you know pretty much everything that is happening in their life and know pretty much everything about them. What else is there to ask? That is when you must start thinking outside the box. I love “uncommon” questions because they are the ones that spark the most interesting and enlightening conversations. Want to go deeper on your dates and learn more about what makes your significant other the way they are? Start with one (or a few) of these questions.
- Tell me 5 things I don’t know about you.
- What are the top 3 things that make you happy?
- What 3 things would you tell your 16-year-old self if you could?
- What are 2 of your passions and why?
- What do you hope to be remembered for?
- If you could change one part of your body, what would it be?
- What is your favorite feature on your body, or your favorite personality trait?
- List 5 people that have had influence on you and why.
- What is your favorite childhood memory?
- If you could drop everything and go on a road trip right now, where would you go?
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
- What does your perfect day look like?
- What makes you nervous?
- What is a movie that you disliked so much that you would never watch again?
- What is the biggest lesson you have learned from past relationships.
- What makes you angry?
- What do you look forward to most about getting old?
- What is the best thing about how your parents raised you?
- What are you hard on yourself for?
- If money was no object, where would you live?
These are definitely great conversation starters. I am taking these on mine and Nick’s next date! I love learning more about him and what makes him “him.” These will keep the conversation rolling for hours.