Celebrating Christmas in college may seem different because you are older, and you may be away from home. Just because it is different doesn’t mean it has to be any less spectacular! You may be neck-deep in homework, but there is always room for Christmas cheer. Here is how to pump up the Christmas spirit when you are in college.
- Get a small cute tree for your dorm room that has cute twinkly lights.
- Speaking of twinkly lights — put them everywhere! Hang them from the ceiling, the walls, around the windows, anywhere that you think needs a little Christmas cheer.
- Write a Christmas list. Your parents are probably wondering what you are wanting for Christmas, so make it easy on them.
- Find out if your campus is holding any Christmas-themed events, and go to them! Is there caroling going on in the dorms? Go to it! Gingerbread house decorating contest? Go! Secret Santa? Do it!
- Decorate stockings with your roommates. And while you’re doing it, watch Elf.
- Go ice skating, visit a Christmas tree farm, go to a local church’s Christmas production, and find other fun local Christmas events in your area.
- Bake Christmas cookies and deliver them to everyone in your hall.
- Listen to Christmas music while you study.
- Take “family Christmas pictures” with your friends. So funny.
These are just a few easy ways to get in the Christmas spirit in college that you may not have thought of. What do you do to get into the Christmas spirit?