Let’s face it. We have all secretly wanted to try maple syrup on our spaghetti, and it is all because of Buddy the Elf. “Elf” may be one of my all-time favorite Christmas movies. And, although he may not give the best food advice, Buddy the Elf is actually pretty smart when it comes to love. Here are a few things the big guy in green tights has taught us about how to love someone.
- Go for it!: Don’t be scared to give love a try.
- Take risks: Now, that doesn’t mean eating gum off of a NYC subway railing. 😉
- Plan fun outings with your crush: How much fun is it to jam-pack every Christmas related activity you can think of into your weekend? Do it Buddy the Elf style and plan to make snow angels for 2 hours, go ice skating, then eat a whole roll of Tollhouse cookie dough as fast as they could, and then snuggle.
- Stay positive: Buddy shows us that a smile can solve any problem. In fact, smiling is his favorite. And when you smile, it makes people around you feel the love.
- Give them your attention: Show someone you love them by giving them your undivided attention, and by asking them about themselves. It will make them feel like you are interested in them and who they are! Even questions like “what’s your favorite color” are Buddy approved. 😉
See? Buddy the Elf is full of good love advice! Now if you will excuse me, I am going to go curl up with a bowl of spaghetti and maple syrup and watch me some Elf.