The new year is a blank slate. You have the chance to make different choices, new friends, life changes, and much more. This next year is full of new things. 2018 is an open book! To help you navigate the new year, here are some promises that the Bible gives us that have stood the test of time.
- Galations 6:9- “Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we wll reap a harvest if we do not give up.” This verse reminds me to keep perservering despite people doubting and knocking me down. Don’t get tired of doing good, even when you don’t see the benefits. Even when you don’t see them, they are there. Keep the faith.
- Isaiah 41:10 – “Fear not, for I am with you. Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you. Yes, I will help you. I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” When you are going through life’s storms, remember that you are not alone.
- Jeremiah 29:11 – “‘For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.’” God has a plan for your life, and it is to give you a bright future. Thank goodness our futures aren’t in our own hands. All of the pressure is off of our shoulders. Our lives are being shaped by the creater of the universe.
- James 1:2-4 – “Count it joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.” The trials of life are God testing and strengthening you. The tests mold you into the person you are and without struggles, we wouldn’t know the things we know. Trials bring wisdom, and so does patience.
- Isaiah 40:31 – “But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.” When you feel like you are lacking the strength to go on, call on Jesus. He will give you the strength you need.
- Philippians 4:6-7 –“Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.” Don’t let your worries get the best of you. Put your trust in God, leave your hopes and dreams in His hands. Give it to God in prayer. He knows everything, and He will give your heart peace.
Let’s make 2018 count!