A short time ago I wrote a blog about beauty tips when meeting your boyfriend’s parents for the first time, and in the blog I promised to write another one on what to wear when meeting the parents. Well, I aim to please! Here are my tips on how to make a good first impression with what you wear.
- Plan ahead: Your guy has told you when and where you will meet his parents, so now it is time to plan out your outfit! Planning ahead helps you feel more prepared and gives you time to pick the perfect outfit and try things on to make sure they look good together. Picking out what to wear a few hours before you are supposed to meet them is a recipe for disaster!
- Choose something new: This is a special occasion, so dress like it! Don’t wear your favorite shirt that your boyfriend always sees you in, pick something that is fresh and new. He will love seeing a different side of you, and wearing something fresh will make you feel stylish and confident.
- Wear statement shoes: Keep your outfit simple. Not flashy, not lots of patterns or prints, just simple. But, that doesn’t have to be the case with shoes! A good statement shoe is a great way to impress his momma.
- Colors are cool: If you have a colorful personality, wear color! You don’t have to keep colors muted if that isn’t your style, let your personality shine through! This can be something as simple as colored accessories or, like we said earlier, shoes!
- Keep it classy: This is the most important tip! Make the best impression possible on his parents by keeping your outfit tasteful and classy. Make them proud that their son is dating such a classy gal! Tight pants may make you feel confident and super fine, but they may not be the best choice for your first meeting. Pair them with a flowy shirt to offset them
Meeting the parents can be fun and exciting! Let your personality shine, and just be yourself!