Why do we pray? God knows everything already, so why do we need to tell Him about our troubles or ask Him for wisdom? He is in control of all things, and knows all things. So why pray? Here are 5 great reasons to pray.
- We pray because we are God’s children and he loves to hear from us! (Zephaniah 3:17). Just like your dad and mom love to hear from you, God is our father and loves hearing from His children.
- We pray because it deepens our trust in God. (Philippians 4:6-7).
- We pray because it causes us to depend on God. (Isaiah 40:26).
- We pray because it gives us the chance to express ourselves to the Lord. (Psalms 62:8). Just like it feels good to vent about our troubles or gush about great things happening in our lives to the people we love, God loves hearing us express our ups and downs to Him.
- We pray because it’s an amazing way that we get to be involved with what God is already doing in our world. (1 Thessalonians 5:25). Mother Teresa said that “God shapes the world by prayer. The more praying there is in the world the better the world will be, the mightier the forces against evil.” There is a lot of evil happening in the world. Just turn on the news and that will be obvious. Our prayers help shape the world!
So when you are feeling like your prayers don’t matter, just remember these 5 reasons to pray. Your prayers are so important to God!