Life is getting increasingly crazy for this Crockett. I went back to school this year and will be moving to Atlanta soon, which are both huge life changes. Sometimes I can feel overwhelmed when I think of everything coming up, but then I remember who is in control. Going to God with my worries helps calm my heart and my mind. Here are 7 psalms to help calm your anxious heart.
- Psalm 121: “I lift my eyes to the hills. From where does my help come? My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth.”
- Psalm 116: “The Lord preserves the simple; when I was brought low, he saved me. Return, O my soul, to rest; for the Lord has dealt bountifully with you.”
- Psalm 103: “For as high as the heaves are above the earth, so great is his steadfast love toward those who fear him; as far as the east is from the west, so far does he remove our transgressions from us.
- Psalm 27: “The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid.”
- Psalm 34: “The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit.”
- Psalm 40: “As for you, O Lord, you will not restrain your mercy from me; your steadfast love and your faithfulness will ever preserve me!”
- Psalm 62: “For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence, for my hope is from him. He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be shaken. On God rests my salvation and my glory; my mighty rock, my refuge is God.”