What makes you feel fear? Is it fear of other people? Is it fear of the future? Is it worry? Is it situations in life? Life can toss circumstances at us that can make us feel downright fearful. Lucky for us, God has given us the steps to conquer fear in His Word.
- Declare who God is: The Lord is my light and my salvation, so why should I be afraid? Psalm 27:1
- Project a positive future: When evil people come to devour me, when my enemies and foes attack me, they will stumble and fall. Psalm 27:2
- Make up your mind: Though a mighty army surrounds me, my heart will not be afraid. Even if I am attacked, I will remain confident. Psalm 27:3-4
- Abide:The one thing I ask of the Lord – the thing I seek most is to live in the house of the Lord all the days of my life. Psalm 27:4
- Meditate on the Word: …delight in the Lord’s perfections and meditating in his Temple. Psalm 27:4
- Spend time in Prayer: My heart has heard you say “Come and talk with me.” And my heart responds, “Lord, I am coming.” Psa;, 27:8
When you look in the Bible for your answers to life’s toughest questions, you will be sure to find what you are looking for, and sometimes even more than that.