White shoes look awesome the first week you have them, then it is downhill from there. They only stay white for a short time, and then they turn a queasy shade of brown that is extremely unappealing. I have a pair of white Keds that are my everyday go-to shoes, and they get dirty so quickly! Luckily there is an easy way to get your favorite white converse or canvas shoes squeaky clean!
- Take the laces out” This will make it easier to clean them! You can clean the laces by by letting them soak in a bucket of warm, soapy water.
- Rinse them: Rinse your shoes in cold water in a sink.
- Make a paste: Combine baking soda and vinegar, enough to form a paste, but don’t use a metal bowl or spoon. The paste should be 2 parts baking soda and 3 parts vinegar.
- Scrub away: Use a clean toothbrush to scrub the paste into the surface of the shoes. Once you have scrubbed the heck out of your sneakers, rinse them under cold water.
- Wash: Put your shoes into the washing machine and wash them on cold. Put them in a laundry bag so they don’t bang around.
- Air dry: Let your shoes sit outside in the sun and dry. The sun will help bleach them! DON’T put them in the dryer, it will make them lose their shape!
I have a pair of white Keds and white Converse that are calling my name! I can’t wait to return them to their pearly white glory!