Being a teenager can be tough. Between school, hanging out with friends, sports, and work, there’s hardly any time to spend with your parents. A quick “hi” and “bye” is the typical conversation these days. As you all know, I really love my family. If it weren’t for them, I wouldn’t be doing what I’m doing now! They’ve always been there for me and encouraged me to follow my dreams. You may not always realize it, but your parents love you so much! Here are a few ideas to show your parents you appreciate them as much as you do.
- Always tell them you love them before you leave the house and before you go to sleep. A simple “I love you” can go a long way.
- Invite them to different school functions you’re attending. Whether it be a football game or tennis match, it’ll show your parents that you enjoy being around them.
- Talk to them! Don’t be afraid to open up. They are your support system. This will create a stronger bond.
- Write them a card. Sometimes it’s hard to tell someone exactly how you feel face to face, so write out a nice letter to show your appreciation. It doesn’t have to be a birthday or holiday for someone to receive a card!
- Set aside at least one night a week for a family dinner. It’s a great way to sit down and spend time with your parents.
I encourage all of you to spend more time with your family. They will always be there for you! “Honor your father and mother. Then you will live a long, full life in the land the Lord your God is giving you.” Exodus 20:12